Last modified: 2015-07-28 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: exaltación de la cruz | partido de exaltación de la cruz |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The district of Exaltación de la Cruz is located 80 Km of the City of Buenos Aires, Capital of Argentina. This district is 634 Km² and it had 24,167 inhabitants in the last census (2001).
The colonization of the area started with the second foundation of the City of Buenos Aires in 1580. The name of the district is taken from a XVII Century chapel in the area named "Capilla del Señor de la Exaltación de la Cruz" (Chapel of Our Lord of the Exaltation of the Cross). The present day district was created by law in 1864.
Francisco Gregoric, 10 Apr 2008
A white flag with the municipal coat of arms at center and the name of the district
Francisco Gregoric, 26 Feb 2006
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.