Last modified: 2015-05-16 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: ezeiza | partido de ezeiza |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The District of Ezeiza (163,722 inhabitants in 2001; 223 sq. km) is located in the south of Greater Buenos Aires, 40 km south-west of the City of Buenos Aires. The municipality is made of the towns of Ezeiza (118,072 inh.), Tristán Suárez (27,486 inh.), La Unión (24,293 inh.), Carlos Spegazzini (18,820 inh.), Aeropuerto Internacional Ezeiza (4,078 inh.), and Canning (8,595 inh.).
The District of Ezeiza was established by Provincial Law No. 11,550 of 20 October 1994, seceding from Esteban Echeverría.
The International Airport Ministro Pistarini, aka Ezeiza International Airport, is the main international airport in Argentina. Inaugurated on 30 April 1949 by President Juan Domingo Perón, the Ezeiza airport was then the biggest in the world.
Ivan Sache 23 Jan 2014
The flag of Ezeiza is horizontally divided celestial blue-white-green-blue (3:1:1:1). The upper stripe is charged with a yellow rising sun whose rays reach the borders of the flag. At the left of the sun are placed two white factories, at its right a white airplane and two white rays.
The flag was designed by Norma Elizabeth Rojas, Ainé Catafel and Miguel Acosta, in collaboration with Diana and Katherine Cortez, al alumni at Escuela de Educación Media Nº 203 (ex 17) of Borough Luján de Tristán Suárez.
Ivan Sache, 23 Jan 2014
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.