This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Saladillo District (Buenos Aires Province, Argentina)

Partido de Saladillo

Last modified: 2014-07-12 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: saladillo | partido de saladillo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Saladillo District]
image by Ivan Sache, 30 Dec 2013
See also:

About the district

The municipality of Saladillo (32,103 inhabitants in 2010; 2,736 sq. km) is located in the center of the Buenos Aires Province, 180 km southwest of Buenos Aires City.

The municipality was established on 25 December 1839 by Juan Manuel de Rosas, Governor of Buenos Aires, as "Sección del Saladillo". However, the area remained hardly settled until the establishment of the village "del Saladillo" by Decree No. 23 of 31 July 1863.
Ivan Sache, 30 Dec 2013

Other sites:

Description of the flag

The flag of Saladillo was presented on 21 November 2013 by Carlos Gorosito, Mayor of the town. Designed by Pamela Montarcé Bozan, 21 years old, the flag was selected among 14 proposals.

The lower part of the flag is green, symbolizing the significance of the land for the economy of the town. Green also represents the natural environment and is a symbol of harmony, growth, exuberance, fertility and freshness. The green panel is surmounted by a thin sky blue stripe representing river Saldillo, the town's namesake. Blue is a symbol of loyalty, confidence, knowledge, intelligence, faith and truth.

The upper part of the flag shows a sun shaped like the municipal territory. The sun, a symbol of the vital strength of mankind, emits yellow and orange rays, which represent honour, loyalty, enthusiasm, felicity, attraction, creativity, determination, achievement, courage and stimulus.
Ivan Sache, 30 Dec 2013

Other sites:
  • The flag of Saladillo at the website InfoSaladillo, 21 November 2013
    Reported by Ivan Sache 30 Dec 2013

Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.