This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Club Suizo de Buenos Aires

Last modified: 2012-04-02 by francisco gregoric
Keywords: club suizo de buenos aires | buenos aires | swiss |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Club Suizo de Buenos Aires burgee]
image by Francisco Gregoric, 03 Apr 2012
See also:

About the Club Suizo de Buenos Aires

"Club Suizo de Buenos Aires", based in Tigre, Province of Buenos Aires, was imagined on 1 August 1912 by members of the Swiss community of Buenos Aires during a banquet offered in the Swiss House ("Casa Suiza") by H. Imsand, Director of the "Courrier Suisse" newspaper. The club was formally created on 17 May 1913 by 181 founding members; the club was inaugurated by a banquet on 21 June 1913 and its first statutes were adopted on 28 April 1914. The Extraordinary General Assembly held on 14 November 1924 decided that the main sport patroned by the club would be rowing.
Ivan Sache, 13 Jun 2009


The colours and burgee of the club were approved by the Maritime General Prefecture in 1925. The burgee is a curved gyronny of eight red and eight white pieces, follwing the traditional Swiss flamed colours.
Ivan Sache, 13 Jun 2009

See also:

Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.