Last modified: 2014-04-11 by rob raeside
Keywords: aircraft marking |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Željko Heimer
A red disk with a white equilateral triangle pointing down. Normally the emblem is shown with
a white fimbriation against the background (above left).
With the reforming of the Austrian Air Force in 1936, a new insignia was introduced
which is the same as today's. It was in use until 1938 together with plain red-white-red rudder stripes, and was
re-introduced in 1955 without any fin flash.
Dov Gutterman, 11 June 2004