This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Abbostford 12 Foot Flying Squadron (Australia)

Abbotsford, New South Wales

Last modified: 2015-06-22 by ian macdonald
Keywords: abbostford 12 ft flying squadron | cross (white on blue) | letters: a12ftfs (white) | saltire (white on blue) | cross: st andrews |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Abbotsford 12 Foot Flying Squadron burgee as seen in emblem]
image by Ivan Sache, 2 Dec 2008

See also:


The Abbotsford 12 Foot Flying Squadron is located at Abbotsford, on the Parramatta River. The club was formed on 6 January 1936 as the "Concorde 12 Foot Flying Squadron", and was renamed "Concord, Abbotsford, Gladesville Flying Squadron" (CAGS) the next year. The club took its today's name in January 1952.

The Constitution and Rules of the club, last amended 27 July 2001, say:

"3. Club Colours
The Club Burgee shall be a dark blue flag with a St. Andrew's White Cross, 450 mm long by 200 mm deep.
The Club Ensign shall be a dark blue flag with a St. Andrew's White Cross."

However, the front page of the club website shows, as part of the club emblem, a dark burgee with a "regular" white cross and the white letters "A", "12FT", "F" and "S" in the respective quarters.

Source: Club website
Ivan Sache, 2 Dec 2008