This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Mordialloc Motor Yacht Club (Australia)

Mordialloc, Victoria

Last modified: 2015-06-22 by ian macdonald
Keywords: mordialloc motor yacht club | bicolour: horizontal (blue over red) | letter: m (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Mordialloc Motor Yacht Club burgee]
image by Ivan Sache, 6 Aug 2006

See also:

Mordialloc Motor Yacht Club

The Mordialloc Motor Yacht Club (MMYC) is located on Lambert's Island in Mordialloc creek between the Nepean Highway bridge and the creek entrance to Port Phillip. Membership is c. 200. The MMYC was established in 1925 as the Mordialloc Boat Club and members in those days sailed their boats out of the creek into the bay of Port Phillip. MMYC was one of the earliest clubs to be founded around the shores of Port Phillip.

In 1926 a club house was built on Lambert's Island. The club resides on the Island with the Mordialloc Sea scouts and both clubs enjoy the privileges of using a private island for their activities.

Description of burgee

The burgee of the MMYC is horizontally divided blue-red with a white M in upper hoist. The M is white on the real burgee and on its graphic representation on the frontpage of the MMYC website, but yellow on the logotype placed on the MMYC gear. On the real burgee, the M is very thick.

Source: MMYC website
Ivan Sache, 6 August 2006