Last modified: 2015-06-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: royal prince edward yacht club |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club.
Established in Sydney, NSW, in 1922 as the New Yacht Club, later the Southern Yacht Club. The name Prince Edward Yacht Club was finally adopted in honour of Edward, Prince of Wales, who later became King Edward VIII.
2 October 1925. Burgee adopted. Probably the same as the current burgee but without the crown.
August 1935. Granted title ‘royal’. White burgee: red cross with crown in canton.
20 May 1937. Warrant for Blue Ensign defaced with Prince of Wales feathers, above R.P.E.Y.C. in yellow.
David Prothero, 21 February 2015