Last modified: 2015-06-27 by ian macdonald
Keywords: royal victorian motor yacht club |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Royal Victorian Motor Yacht Club.
Established Williamstown, Melbourne, 1904.
Initially named the Victorian Launch Club, later changed to Victorian Motor Boat Club.
18 February 1937. Granted title ’royal’. Perhaps ‘Boat’ was changed to ‘Yacht’ at this time ?
24 November 20007. Warrant for plain Blue Ensign.
Blue burgee: pale yellow (or white ?) cross, red propeller in upper hoist, five point white star in lower hoist.
This was the first plain Blue Ensign to be awarded to a yacht club, that was not connected to one of the armed forces, since 1924.
David Prothero, 24 February 2015