Last modified: 2014-03-01 by ivan sache
Keywords: ribnik |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Ribnik, established in 1992 from parts of the former municipality of Ključ, was initially named Srpski Ključ, and subsequently renamed Ribnik. The seat of administration is in Gornji Ribnik.
Željko Heimer, 25 January 2013
Coat of arms of Ribnik, two versions - Images by Željko Heimer, 25 January 2013
The coat of arms of Ribnik (image) is prescribed in Article 5 of the Municipal Statutes Statut opštine Ribnik, adopted on 22 July 2005 by the Municipal Assembly and published in the Municipal official gazette Službeni glasnik opštine Ribnik, No. 14, as follows:
The municipality has its symbol (coat of arms), which symbolically represents the Municipality.
The coat of arms of the Municipality is in a shield shape, sized 35 cm x 50 cm, which is on the centre of the bottom part ended with a mild spike. At the top line of the shield, in the centre is the symbol of a cross with four letters "S".
The center of the symbol represents the geographic and economic character of the Municipality in the shape of contours of trees. In the bottom semicircular part of the shield are two fishes in blue and white colour as symbols of fish resources and of ecologically healthy environment and of river.
It seems that two versions of the coat of arms are actually used. E.g., the 2009 official gazettes use a version that closely follows the above
description, but adding two white panels, one on each side of the
cross emblem, the dexter one inscribed with the name of the
municipality and the sinister with the year "1818".
Since gazette No. 1 of 2010, a simplified version is used (municipal website), without the letters "S" surrounding the cross, and with year "1850".
Željko Heimer, 23 January 2013