This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Luminárias, Minas Gerais (Brazil)

Last modified: 2010-08-15 by ian macdonald
Keywords: brazil | minas gerais | luminárias | coat of arms | mountains | stars:2 | star (white) | star (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Luminárias, 
MG (Brazil)]  image by Joseph McMillan


See also:

About the Flag of Luminárias

The coat of arms and flag of the Municipality of Luminárias were adopted by law no. 346 of 30 November 1972. They were designed by Professor Marilda Conceição Maia Amaral, who won a contest for design of the city symbols. The flag is white with a green border and the city coat of arms on the center. The law describes the coat of arms as consisting of a Portuguese shield ensigned with a mural crown of five towers (designating a city). The field of the shield is blue, with a panorama of the Serra de Luminárias mountain range across the bottom in green. The silver (white) star in sinister chief represents Christian education under the protection of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. On the dexter side of the mountain range is a gold (yellow) star representing the municipal economy. The scroll is inscribed with the name Luminárias and the date 27 December 1948.
Source: www.citybrazil.com.br
Joseph McMillan, 29 June 2002