Last modified: 2012-03-17 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | farol |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Four yellow radiating diagonal rays on a white field, with the municipal arms centred.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 20 July 2011
The municipality of Farol (3,472 inhabitants in 2010; 289 sq. km) is located in
central western Paraná, 490 km of Curitiba. Farol was established in 1942 by
colonists coming from southern Paraná; the settlement was named Pinhalão D'Oeste
in 1948. The district of Farol, established by State Law No. 17 of 30 November
1955 as a part of the municipality of Campo Mourão, was made an
independent municipality by State Law No. 9,785 of 25 October 1991. Farol
(lit., "a beacon") is named for a road shield located on the bank of the
river, also named Farol, at the crossing of the two main roads of the region,
used by the pioneers as sailors use a beacon to find their way.
The symbols of Farol are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 30, adopted in 1993.
http://farol.eprefeituras.com.br/educacao/simbolos.php (new URL)
Ivan Sache, 17 February 2012