This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Toledo, Paraná (Brazil)

Last modified: 2012-03-16 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | toledo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Toledo (ParanŠ), PR (Brazil)] image by Dirk Schönberger, 3 October 2011
Source: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_(Paran%E1)
See also: 

About the Flag

A green flag, with three narrow horizontal red stripes, bordered white, and extending from the hoist a white triangle with the municipal arms.

Official website at http://www.toledo.pr.gov.br
Dirk SchŲnberger, 3 October 2011

The municipality of Toledo (120,934 inhabitants in 2010; 1,197 sq. km) is located in western Paraná, 540 km of Curitiba. The municipality is made of the town of Toledo proper and of the districts of Bom Princípio, Concórdia do Oeste, Dez de Maio, Dois Irmãos, Novo Sarandi, Novo Sobradinho, São Luiz do Oeste, S„o Miguel, Vila Ipiranga and Vila Nova. The municipality of Toledo was established by State Law No. 790 of 14 November 1951 and inaugurated on 14 December 1952. The symbols of Toledo, designed by Arcinoé Antonio Peixoto de Faria, are prescribed by Municipal Law No. 660, adopted in 1972. The coat of arms is described as "a Samnitic shield surmounted by a six-towered mural crown argent, argent on a terrace vert an araucaria proper surrounded by two open books proper, the terrace with a fess wavy of the first and a gear wheel of the same all over a hunting horn gules, the chief cantoned with two hatchets sable. The shield supported by branches of bean and maize proper tied in base, over them a scroll gules inscribed in letters argent the toponym "Toledo" surrounded by the years '1946' and '1951' ".
http://www.toledo.pr.gov.br/?q=portal/cidade-conheca-toledo/simbolos-municipais
Ivan Sache, 29 February 2012