This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Tramandaí, Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)

Last modified: 2010-08-15 by ian macdonald
Keywords: rio grande do sul | tramandaí |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



[Flag of Tramandaí, RS] located by Valentin Poposki, 10 February 2006
Source: http://www.tramandai.rs.gov.br/index.php?acao=conteudo&conteudos_id=13


See also:

About the Flag of Tramandaí

The city page records that the municipal flag was introduced on 17 March, 1980, through the Law of nš 397/80. This law determines that the official colors are green, white and blue, which make up vertical bands of equal width, in the cited order. The arms of the city must appear in the center of the flag, that is, in the center of the white band. The Law of nš 397/80, determines the official sizes, like the colored bands, the coat of arms, and the places for the use of the flag.

On 6 July, 1968, through Decree nš 16/68, General Luiz Dêntice, defined as the symbol of the City of Tramandaí, the arms: a shield, with, in the upper part, a disarmed large boat, without masts or sails, mounted on wheels, taken off teams of oxen, and escorted by gauchos, in green land. This representation recognises one of the episodes of the Farroupilha Revolution, when Garibaldi crossed the lanchões, for land, from the Lagoon of the Ducks to the bar of the Tramandaí; and from there, to the sea, from the Lagoon, to surprise the federalists. In the lower part of the shield, on deep silver, is a wavy band in blue, bearing two silver-plated fish. This blue band represents fishing in the River Tramandaí, which has been an activity of the inhabitants and half the economy of the city. Above the shield is a mural crown of five towers, in silver, that indicates the city is a capital. Below the shield is a silver ribbon, having in green the name of the City and dates 1725-1965, that indicate the dates of recognition of the area: 1725 - per the lagunistas, and 1965 the creation of the City through Law. This Decree nš 16/68 determines that this symbol is used as official seal of Tramandaí.
Valentin Poposki, 10 February 2006