Last modified: 2013-03-21 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | auriflama |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 14 March 2013
Auriflama was settled on 6 September 1936 by Waldevino Nery dos Reis and his wife Ernestina on a plot located on the watershed separating rivers Tietê and São José dos Dourados, purchased in 1935 by João Pacheco de Lima. The new settlement was originally named Villa Pacheco. A cross was erected on 2 November 1936. Agostinho dos Santos Pereira celebrated there the first mass on 20 November 1937, which was the official founding act of the town, renamed Vila Áurea, as a tribute to Áurea de Souza Lima, Pacheco's daughter. The district of Vila Áurea, part of General Salgado, was established by Decree No. 13,011 of 24 October 1942, and renamed Auriflama (Flaming Gold) by Decree No. 14,334 of 30 November 1944. The municipality of Auriflama was established by Law No. 2,456 of 30 December 1953 and inaugurated on 1 January 1955.
The flag of Auriflama is yellow with a light blue triangle placed along the hoist and reaching the fly's midpoint. At hoist is placed a white disk charged with the municipal coat of arms. The municipal logo shows a floating version of the flag with a darker blue background. The golden flames are a rebus of the municipality's name, making the arms canting.
Photo of the flag
Ivan Sache, 14 March 2013