Last modified: 2012-12-09 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | bom jesus dos perdões |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dirk Schönberger, 1 October 2012
An off-centred broad red cross, bordered yellow, on a blue field, bearing the municipal arms in a white lozenge on the cross.
Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 1 October 2012
The municipality of Bom Jesus dos Perdões (19,703 inhabitants in 2010; 10,851 ha) is located 70 km of São Paulo.
Bom Jesus dos Perdões was established by the pioneer Fernão Dias Paes and his wife Barbara Cardoso. They founded in 1705 a chapel, subsequently transformed into a church built in "mining baroque" style. In 1923, the church was erected an Archbishopric's Sanctuary, visited each year by thousands of pilgrims.
The flag of Bom Jesus dos Perdões is blue with an off-centered red cross fimbriated yellow. Over the intersection of the cross' arms is placed a white lozenge charged with the municipal arms.
Photo of the flag, 18 June 2012
Ivan Sache, 11 November 2012