This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Cedral, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-04-06 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | cedral |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Cedral, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 23 March 2013
See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Cedral (7,972 inhabitants in 2010; 19,740 ha) is located 425 km of São Paulo.

Cedral was founded at an unknown date. The first known inhabitants (1900) are Felicio Bottino, Severiano Vicente Ferreira, Colonel Silverio da Cunha Lacerda and Vicente Ferreira da Silva. The first settlers experienced several difficulties to clear the forest of cedars, therefore the name given to the place. The town increased after the inauguration of the railway station by "Estrada de Ferro Araraquara" in 1912. The district of Cedral was established by State Law No. 1,664 adopted in 1920, as part of the municipality of Rio Preto. The municipality of Cedral was established by State Law No. 2,399 of of 27 December 1929 and inaugurated on 16 March 1930. - Municipal website

The flag of Cedral is red with, in the middle, a white lozenge placed vertically and charged with the municipal coat of arms. Outside the lozenge two yellow buds, also shown on the dexter part of the coat of arms.


Image based on one submitted on 10 February 2013 to Wikimedia Commons by "Prefeitura Municipal"
Ivan Sache, 23 March 2013