This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Guarantã, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-05-15 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | guarantã |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Guarantã, SP (Brazil) image by Ivan Sache, 4 April 2013

See also:

About the Flag

The municipality of Guarantã (6,400 inhabitants in 2010; 46,180 ha) is located 80 km of Bauru and 400 km of São Paulo.

Guarantã originates in the establishment in 1921 by "Estrada de Ferro Noroeste do Brasil" of the railway station of the same name. Guarantã is a corruption of the Tupi-Guarani word "iara-tã", "hardwood", referring to a tree common in the region (Esenbeckia leiocoarpa Engl.). A cross was erected by Altino Cardoso, which was the founding event of the town. The district of Guarantã was established by State Law No. 2,025 of 27 December 1924, as part of the municipality of Pirajuí. The municipality of Guarantã was established by State Law-Decree No. 20,334 of 30 November 1944. - Municipal website

The flag of Guarantã is yellow with two red axes crossed per saltire and cantonned with four pink roses (with a green stem and two green leaves). The flag appears to be a banner of the municipal arms, "Or two axes gules crossed per saltire cantonned with tour roses proper". - Municipal website - Website of the Municipal Chamber

Ivan Sache, 4 April 2013