Last modified: 2013-05-31 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | mirante do paranapanema |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Mirante do Paranapanema originates in the establishment of the village
of Costa Machado, founded in 1918 by Labieno da Costa Machado de Souza
on a piece of land owned by his father, José da Costa Machado. The
district of Costa Machado was established by Law No. 233 of 24
December 1948, as part of the municipality of Santo Anastácio, and
inaugurated in 1952.
The municipality of Mirante do Paranapanema was established on 29
November 1953. The district of Cuiabá Paulista was established by Law
No. 2,456 of 30 December 1953; the district is named for the old
Cuiabá estate, acquired in 1949 by the Japanese colonist Kosuke Endo
(1907-1953) from Otávio Cândido Teixeira.
http://web.archive.org/web/20120728091739/http://www.portalmirante.com - Unofficial portal
The flag of Mirante do Paranapanema is green with a white-red-white cross and saltire. In the middle of the flag is placed a white rectangle charged with the municipal coat of arms.
Ivan Sache, 19 May 2013