Last modified: 2013-05-31 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | novo horizonte |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Novo Horizonte originates in the erection of the chapel of São José da
Trinidade, built in 1895 by Joaquim Ricardo da Silva. Antonio Cardoso
de Moraes, Joaquim Vaz Floriano, Joaquim Portes da Silva and Maria
Pinto Cardoso offered a piece of land to found a new town, which was
renamed in 1896 São José da Estiva, for the Estiva estate. In 1897,
the Foundation Commission renamed the town Novo Horizonte, as a
reference to the town of Belo Horizonte. The district of Novo
Horizonte was established by State Law No. 993 of 2 August 1906, as
part of the municipality of Boa Vista da Pedra (today, Itápolis).
The municipality of Novo Horizonte was established by State Law No.
1,530 of 28 February 1916 and inaugurated on 28 October 1917.
http://camaranh.sp.gov.br - Website of the Municipal Council
The symbols of Novo Horizonte are prescribed in Article 2 of the
Municipal Constitution, adopted on 4 April 1990, as "the flag, the
coat of arms and the anthem, representative of its culture and history
and established by Municipal Law".
http://126.96.36.199/prefeituranh/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/leiorg.pdf - Municipal Constitution
The flag is horizontally divided yellow-white-yellow (1:2:1). The
municipal coat of arms is placed in the middle of the flag. A green
canton is charged with a white disk inscribing a red map of the São
Paulo State with a blue star.
http://camaranh.sp.gov.br/Municipio/Pagina.aspx?tipo=simbolos - Website of the Municipal Council
Ivan Sache, 28 May 2013