This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Rifaina, São Paulo State (Brazil)

Last modified: 2013-02-02 by ian macdonald
Keywords: sao paulo | rifaina |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Rifaina, SP (Brazil) image by Dirk Schönberger and Ivan Sache, 18, 19 January 2013
Based on:

See also:

Description of the Flag

A blue flag with a white triangle extending from the hoist bearing the municipal arms.

Official website at 
Dirk Schönberger, 18 January 2013

The municipality of Rifaina (3,436 inhabitants in 2010; 17,158 ha) is located on the border with Minas Gerais, here river Rio Grande, 480 km of São Paulo.

Rifaina was established in January 1862, under the name of Santo Antonio do Cervo. The parish of Santo Antonio de Rifaina was established in 1873. The development of the town was boosted by the inauguration in 1877 of the railway station of the Cia. Mogiana de Estradas de Ferro. The name of the town was shortened to Rifaina on 21 December 1921. The municipality of Rifaina was established on 24 December 1948.

The flag of Rifaina is blue with a white triangle placed along the hoist and charged with the municipal coat of arms.

Photos of the flag

The base of the shield and the red lightning bolds might represent the Jaguara hydroelectric plant, built in 1960-1970 by the Cia. Energética de MInas Gerais and the Jaguara man-made lake (33 sq. km). The Jaguara Watersports Park is a main leisure and watersports spot in the region.
Ivan Sache, 19 January 2013