This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Mascouche, Quebec (Canada)

Ville de Mascouche

Last modified: 2017-04-08 by rob raeside
Keywords: mascouche | quebec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Mascouche flag] image by Ivan Sache, 23 March 2017

See also:

The Municipality

The municipality of Mascouche (46,346 inhabitants in 2015; 10,795 ha) is located 20 km north of Montreal Island, on the banks of the River Mascouche. First mentioned under its modern name in 1722, River Mascouche was known in the 17th century as Maskoueche / Maskouche.

Mascouche was established in 1717 in the domain of Repentigny, owned in 1647 by Pierre Le Gardeur. The village and the domain of Rapide were subsequently joined by the concessions of Cabane Ronde (1721) and Grand-Coteau-Saint-Philippe (1770). The parish St. Henri of Mascouche was established in 1750. Mascouche was granted the municipal status on 9 December 1970. - Municipal website
Ivan Sache 23 March 2017

The Flag

The flag of Mascouche is white with the municipal logo.


The logo is a stylized representation of a growing tree and of letter "M". It is drawn in 3D to highlight the demographic growth of Mascouche. Moreover; the well-defined angles of the logo increased its dynamism. The two-level emblem recalls the two terraces of the town, now connected by boulevard Mascouche. The darkest fimbriation that connects the two levels of the logo recalls the Grand Côteau (Big Hillside), the prominent geomorphological feature in Mascouche. The colours, forest green and golden yellow, refers to the abundant plant canopy growing on the upper terrace and to the economical potential located in the downtown, respectively. - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 23 March 2017