Last modified: 2012-08-11 by rob raeside
Keywords: varenned | quebec |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The town of Varennes (21,368 inhabitants on 1 January 2008; 94 sq. km), part of the MRC Lajemmerais, Region of Montérégie, is located on the southern bank of river Saint-Laurent.The flag of Varennes is shown on a photography available on the municipal website, hoisted in the Mayor's room.
Although the municipality has a coat of arms, the flag is white with the municipal logotype. The description of the logotype is the following (my translation):
- Shape: an isosceles triangle for stability and the "V" of Varennes for opening up to the future;
- Elements: the curved points represent on one side water and on the other side the rural territory of Varennes; they cross to form a bird, a symbol of humanity; the repetition of the points represents the dynamism and energy of the town of Varennes.
- Blue for confidence and the omnipresent river;
- Ochre for the richness of the heritage and the wide rural territory of Varennes.
- The serifed Calson font is in harmonywith the curve-shaped and point- ending elements of the symbol.
Source: Varennes Logo Page
Ivan Sache, 5 March 2008