This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

La Uvita (Boyaca, Colombia)

Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: boyaca | la uvita |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Flag of La Uvita
image by Ivan Sache, 01 February 2013

See also:


Flag of La Uvita, municipality in the Colombian Department of Boyacá, can be seen here:
Source (official site):
Aleksandar Nemet, 18 December 2011

The municipality of La Uvita (3,390 inhabitants in 2005; 17,600 ha) is located in the extreme north of the Boyacá department. The village was founded by Spanish colonists who had left the old village of Boavita they shared with the natives. La Uvita was founded on 24 December 1758 by the priest Vicente Ferrer del Río de Loza, who led Spanish colonists who had left the old village of Boavita, where they were in permanent conflict with the natives. Nicolas de Figueroa and his wife Mónica Loarte offered a piece of land in a site named La Uvita, a name meaning "the pasture for fertile agriculture" in Chibcha language.
The flag of La Uvita is horizontally divided green-white with a yellow Latin cross in the middle. The lower edge of the cross' horizontal arms matches the flag's horizontal division.
Ivan Sache, 01 February 2013