This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Bosconia (Cesar, Colombia)

Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: cesar | bosconia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image by Dov Gutterman, 16 August 2008



See also:


Overview

Bosconia is a town and municipality in Cesar Department. It was founded on 20 August 1958 by Enrique Arón Ayén and Agustin Mackenzie in honor of Catholic church priest Saint John Bosco. The village became a train station stop for the farmers in the area. In 1979 Bosconia formally becomes a municipality.
The flag of Bosconia is horizontally divided: "morado obispo" [bishop's mulberry]-white yellow.
Information in Spanish:
"Amarillo. Riqueza de nuestro ente territorial.
Blanco. Paz en que vivimos.
Morado Obispo. Nobleza, Pureza, Esfuerzo y DEdicacion de nuestra gente."
Sources: wikipedia, municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman, 16 August 2008


Coat of Arms


image from municipal web site