This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

El Molino (La Guajira, Colombia)

Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: la guajira | el molino | molino |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




image resized from wikipedia



See also:


Overview

El Molino (in English: The Mill) is a town and municipality of the Colombian Department of La Guajira. It was founded in 1595 by Pedro Beltrán Valdés and became a municipality in 1989. The town is known for having the colonial church Ermita de San Lucas, considered a National Monument of Colombia.
The flag of El Molino is horizontally divided green-yellow and is charged with a ten white stars in arc on the upper stripe. The stars stands for the municipalities of the department, however, there are 15 municipalities at this point but still the flag got only 10 stars so it probably stands for the municipalities at the time af its creation.
Sources: wikipedia, municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman
and Felipe Carillo, 15 August 2008

Translated from municipal web site:
"The flag has stars, representing the municipalities of the department of La Guajira, and the colours green, representing hope, and yellow, representing the resources of our municipalities".
Ivan Sache, 31 August 2008


Coat of Arms


image from wikipedia