This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Chibolo (Magdalena, Colombia)

Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: magdalena | chibolo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Dov Gutterman, 4 August 2008

See also:


Chibolo (sometimes spelled Chivolo) is a town and municipality of the Colombian Department of Magdalena. Chibolo was founded in 1820 and became a municipality on March 8, 1974. Its economy is based on Farming, but also attracts by having a historic church of Saint Catherine of Alexandria (Iglesia Santa Catalina de Alejandría) and the Santa Catalina Plaza (Saint Catherine Plaza).
The flag of Chibolo is horizontally divided: white-yellow-green and each stripe is charged with a rhumbus, the upper one is green and the others are white.
Information in Spanish:
"El primer color de nuestra bandera es el blanco el cual significa la paz de nuestro pequeño territorio.
El segundo color es el amarillo el cual representa la riqueza material del municipio.
El tercer color es el verde que significa  la esperanza en nuestro pueblo.
Cada franja lleva un rombo, los cuales representan a cada uno de los corregimientos que integran el municipio."
Sources: wikipedia, municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 4 August 2008

Translated from municipal web site:
"The first colour of our flag is white, meaning the peace of our small territory.
The second colour is yellow, representing the material resources of the municipality.
The third colour is green, meaning the hop in our people.
Each stripe is charged with a rhomb representing each of the three "corregimientos" incorporated into the municipality."  
The map of the municipality shows Chibolo as the capital and La Estrella, La China and Pueblo Nuevo as the three "corregimientos".
Ivan Sache, 11 August 2008

Coat of Arms

image from municipal web site