Last modified: 2014-05-16 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: magdalena | el pinon |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
El Piñón is a municipality located in the southern most part
of the Magdalena by the Magdalena River. It was founded in 3
August 1770 and on 20 April 1915 was proclaimed a municipality.
Its economy is based on agriculture and farming. Its main tourist
attraction is the Iglesia San Pedro Mártir (Saint Peter the
Martir Church) and the Ave Maria Monument.
El Piñón flag is 9:14 in ratio, quartered green-beige and charged with the coat of arms.
Source: municipal web site.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 4 August 2008
According to municipal
web site, the flag of El Piñón is rectangular, of original
dimension 1.35 m x 2.10 m. The flag is quartered bright green and
The upper green rectangle represents agriculture, the grasslands used for cattle breeding and is a symbol of hope.
Beige represents tranquillity and the pacific character of a village that lives from hope.
The municipal coat of arms is placed in the middle of the flag.
There is an image of the coat of arms on the municipal website, but no further explanation is given.
Ivan Sache, 12 August 2008
image from municipal web site