Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014
Institución Educativa Damasco is located in Santa Bárbara (Antioquia
The symbols of the institute, designed by Nlxon Gustavo Rodríguez Maturana, were adopted on 5 May 1998.
The flag is horizontally divided yellow-green-blue. Yellow is the color of mango, a main source of export and fame for the region. Green is the colour of the exuberant natural environment of the mountains that surround the town. Blue is the colour of the sky and of the river that waters the municipality.
Source: http://romangquimico.webnode.es/inventos/escudo-y-bandera-i-e-damasco-santa-barbara-antioquia-/ - Nlxon Gustavo Rodríguez Maturana's blog
Ivan Sache, 07 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
Colegio Nacional Deogracias Cardona - 2:3 flag with five
horizontal stripes green-white-greeen-white-green. Flag shown on
located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 9 June 2001
image by Ivan Sache, 19 October 2014
Liceo Departamental originates in the establishment of Liceo Femenino de
Bachillerato, separated on 23 December 1953 from the University of Valle in
Cali, and renamed Liceo Departamental Femenino in 1954. The institute was
nationalized in 1975. Institución Educativa Liceo Departamental was eventually
established by Municipal Resolution No. 1,744 of 3 September 2002, as the merger
of Liceo Departamental Femenino, Escuela La Gran Colombia (est. in 1939 as
Escuela de Niñas La Gran Colombia), and Escuela La Presentacion (est. on 7
December 1954 by the Sisters of the Presentation and placed in 1986 under
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-red-blue.
Source: http://www.liceodepartamental.edu.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=93 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 19 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 04 September 2017
COREDI (Corporación Educativa para el Desarrollo Integral) has its
headquarters in Marinilla, Department of Antioquia, as well as several
branches in some 30 municipalities of the department. COREDI, founded
in 1992 and officially recognized in 1994, is part of the department's
strategy of rural education.
The flag of COREDI is white with a green (outside)-gold (inside) border, a green triangle placed along the hoist and the institute's emblem in the middle.
White represents progress and peace. Green represents hope and future. Yellow represents wealth and power. The three colors symbolize the three pillars of the institute's doctrina, organization, knowledge and production, respectively.
The emblem of COREDI is made of a yellow sun illuminating the man's progress and development, surrounding a white phoenix outlined in black, recalling that COREDI was created after the refounding of the village of El Peñol, relocated after the building of a man-made lake that had flooded the old village, and the writing "COREDI" in green letters.
A photo of the flag, taken on 27 November 2009 during a street parade held in the municipality of Argelia, confirms the design of the flag. The ® mark shown on the emblem is omitted on the flag.
Ivan Sache, 27 July 2010
Fundación Academia de Dibujo Profesional" (FADP) is
located in Cali. On 27 December 1978, by Decree No. 20717, the
Ministry of National Education approved the programs of
Advertising Design and Visual Communication, Architectural Design
and Decoration, and Textile Design and Industry. In 1980, the
Academy of Professional Design was transformed into a foundation
by Decree No. 080; the Academic Foundation for Professional
Design was recognized on 19 November 1984 (Decree No. 18638).
In 2006, the following programs were confirmed for the next seven years: Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Multimedia Design, Industrial Design, Architectural Design, Interior Design and Advertising.
The flag of FADP, as shown graphically on the FADP website, is white with the red emblem of FADP in the middle.
The "Manuel de Imagen Corporativa", available on the FDP website, contains the construction sheet of the logotype of FADP made of six circular elements forming the initials of the institute (the emblem) above the name of the institute. The red shade is specified as CMYK 0 100 100 0.
Ivan Sache, 18 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 7 July 2014
Institución Educativa Diego Echavarría Misas was established in
Florencia borough, part of the municipality of Medellín (Antioquia Department)
by Ordinance No. 18 of 28 December 1967, as Liceo Departamental Florencia. The
institute is named for the businessman and philanthropist Diego Echavarría Misas
(1895-1971), abducted and killed by the band led by "Mono Trejos".
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white-red with the institute's emblem in the middle. The three stripes represent hope, peace, and life, respectively.
The emblem of the institute is prescribed by Resolution No. 3 of 1 October 1980. It features the sky, as a field open to triumph and progress, charged with an atom, the symbol of science; mountains, representing the Antioquia Department; a book, as the unique and supreme source of knowledge; a Greek letter, representing the culture of all times; and a bee and a honeycomb, representing the humans united by work in search of fraternity and peace. The emblem is surrounded by branches of laurel representing triumph. The institute's motto reads "Honesty - Science - Solidarity". Argent represents innocence, whiteness and virginity. Or represents force, purity and constancy. Vert (green) represents hope, abundance and liberty. Gules (red) represents valor, audacity and intrepidness. Sable (black) represents prudence, sadness, vigor, honesty, obedience, science and affliction. Azure (blue) represents justice, zeal, truth, loyalty, charity, beauty, reality, majesty and serenity.
http://www.iediegoechavarriamisasmedellin.edu.co/index2.php?id=5269&idmenutipo=94&tag=col - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 7 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 7 July 2014
Institución Educativa Diego Echavarría Misas was established in Itagüí
(Antioquia Department) by Municipal Resolution No. 160,975 of 25 November 2002,
as the merger of Liceo Nocturno Raúl Guevara Castaño, Escuela Diego Echavarría
Misas and Escuela 20 de Julio. The institute is named for the businessman and
philanthropist Diego Echavarría Misas (1895-1971), abducted and killed by the
band led by "Mono Trejos".
The flag of the institute is white with the institute's emblem in the middle. White is a symbol of integrity and transparency.
The emblem of the institute, designed by Jesús Rúa Piña, features the following elements:
- a red map of Antioquia Department, meaning that many of our ancestors have offered their life and shed their blood to establish a better world. Red is a symbol of life and high ideals of peace and liberty;
- a green disk, symbolizing aspiration to obtain new and great resources;
- a white fist, placed at the geographical location of Itagüí; it also represents the union, purity and honesty of people;
- a torch, as a symbol of socially-oriented, inextinguishable, physical activity;
- yellow rectangles forming a kind of cog wheel, representing Antioquia as the main gold producer in Colombia and Itagüí as a main industrial town.
http://www.iediegoemisas.edu.co/index2.php?id=212&idmenutipo=70&tag=col - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 7 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 06 September 2014
Institución Educativa Dinamarca ("Denmark") was established on 17 February
1971 in Medellín (Antioquia Department) by Jaime Ríos (Antioquia Department).
The flag of the institute is similar to the national flag of Denmark.
Source: http://luzmarinaarismendy.galeon.com/ - Institute's unofficial blog
Ivan Sache, 06 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 10 November 2010
Fundación Educativa Colegio Diocesano Ricaurte de Fusagasugá was registered
by Episcopal Decree No. 337 (2006) and by Municipal Decree no. 471 (30 July
2007). Accordingly, the institute is a private catholic educational institute
belonging to the Diocese of Girardot. The institute is named for Captain Antonio
Ricaurte Lozano (1786-1814), a hero of the War of Colombian Independence.
Ricaurte died in San Mateo, Venezuela, while the institute is located in the San
Mateo borough of Fusagasugá (Department of Cundinamarca). The institute was
started in 1937, as Colegio Parroquial Ricaurte, by Father Manuel Vicente Rojas
The flag of Colegio Ricaurte, as shown on the institute's website, is horizontally divided white-green with the emblem of the institute in the middle. White represents virtue while green represents hope. Incidentally, but not mentioned in the institute's website, the municipal flag of Fusagasugá is also horizontally divided white-green.
The emblem of Colegio Ricaurte is a dark green disk charged with a yellow Christian cross over a white quill and a yellow torch with red flame crossed per saltire. The disk is surrounded by a white ring with the black writing "COLEGIO RICAURTE" (top) / "FUSAGASUGA" (bottom), separated by two stars.
Ivan Sache, 10 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 27 October 2014
The flag of Escuela Normal Superior del Distrito de Baranquilla (Atlántico
Department) is diagonally divided by a white ascending diagonal stripe. The
upper triangle is red, while the lower triangle is divided yellow-green
according to the descending diagonal.
Source: http://wwwescuelanormalbarranquilla.blogspot.fr/2009/08/somos-una-normal-superior-de-caracter.html - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 27 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014
Colegio Divina Pastora was established on 4 February 1907 in Rioacha (La
Guajira Department) by His Grace Anastacio Vicente Soler y Royo.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-green.
Source: http://alvaroxthemusicologoo.blogspot.fr/ - Institute's unofficial blog
Ivan Sache, 16 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 7 November 2010
Colegio del Divino Salvador, located in Suba (Bogotá Capital District), was
founded in February 1951 by the Sisters of the Divine Savior, aka Salvatorian
Sisters. The founders of the institute are the German-born missionaries Mothers
Bathilde Feder and Otilia Haeckel, sent to Colombia by the order's headquarters
located in Milwaukee (Wisconsin, USA).
The flag of Colegio del Divino Salvador, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is horizontally divided blue-white. Blue stands for immensity and aspiration to infinity. White stands for purity.
Ivan Sache, 7 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 22 June 2014
Gimnasio Domingo Savio was established in 1949 in Cúcuta (Norte de Santander
Department) by Helena and Sofía Cortés Gamboa. The institute is named for St.
Dominic Savio (1842-1857), an Italian student of St. John Bosco, canonized on 12
June 1954 by Pope Pius XII and proclaimed the patron saint of the schools
The flag of the institute is vertically divided white-blue (1:2), with the institute's emblem in the middle of the white panel. Photos available on the institute's website confirm that the flag in actual use is charged with the emblem. Blue is a symbol of life, respect for the natural environment, hope and tranquillity. White is a symbol of perfection, purity and peace.
The emblem is circular, a symbol of perfection. It features on a blue background the image of Dominic Savio, in black and white, haloed white. The emblem is inscribed with the name of the institute, its year of establishment ("FUNDADO EN 1949" - established in 1949), and its location ("CÚCUTA")
Source: http://www.gimnasiodomingosavio.edu.co/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=67 - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 22 June 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 8 November 2010
Centro Don Bosco (CDB), located in Bogotá, was founded on 11 April 1957 by
Salesian missionaries. The Salesians of Don Bosco (aka the Salesian Society),
founded by St. John Bosco (Giovanni Bosco, 1815-1888) in Turin on 26 January
1854 as the Society of St. Francis of Sales, was canonically approved by Pope
Pius IX in 1873. The third largest missionary organization in the world, the
Salesian Society has now more than 20,000 members. The Society is divided into
nine geographical Provinces and 94 four Vice-Provinces.
The flag of CDB, as shown graphically on the institute's website, is horizontally divided green-white. Green recalls hope placed in the youth for salvation and creation of a new country. White represents affirmation of life, values and good uses and the firm commitment to work for the achievement of peace.
Ivan Sache, 8 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 02 September 2017
Institución Educativa Dulce Nombre de Jesús was established in Sincelejo
(Sucre) in 1993 by Municipal Agreement No. 2. Classes started on 25 January
1999. The institute is named (Jesus' Sweet Name) for the patron saint of
The flag pf I.E. Dulce Nombre de Jesús is white with the institute's emblem in the center.
Source: http://www.iedulcenombredejesus.com/quienes-somos.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 02 September 2017