Last modified: 2017-09-29 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Randy Young, 07 February 2016
"Universidad Nacional de Colombia (English: National University of
Colombia), is a public, national, coeducational, research university,
located primarily in Bogotá,
Palmira, Colombia, with
other satellite locations in San Andrés as well. Established in 1867 by an act of the Congress of Colombia, the university is the largest higher education institution of the country with more than 44,000 students, the largest number of graduated professionals per year, and number of academic programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels."
For additional information go to UNAL (official website)
The flag is the logo over a white horizontal flag as seen in this video (at 18:01) by CM& tv news:
Image iscropped image from video above.
Esteban Rivera, 07 February 2016
image by Ivan Sache, 28 July 2014
Universidad de Nariño is the descendant of a college founded
in 1712 by the Jesuits in San Juan de Pasto, to teach Latin,
Spanish and Religious History; the college was closed in 1767
when King Charles III decreed the expelling of the Jesuits from
America. The college reemerged in 1791 as Real Colegio Seminario,
transformed in 1822 into a military camp, PAsto supporting at the
time the Royalists. In 1827, the President of the Republic,
General Francisco de Paula de Santander, decreed the founding of
the Colegio Provincial; this was considered as a gesture of
reconciliation between the town and the power. The college was
renamed Colegio San Augustin in 1832, as a tribute to the
Augustinian monks that funded it. Colegio San Augustin is
considered as the true forerunner of the today's university.
Renamed Colegio Académico in the 1850s, the college was made a
university by Presidential Decree No 726 of 11 September 1889,
confirmed in 1894 by Decree No. 30 of the Assembly of the
Department of Cauca. The university was transfered to the newly
created Department of Nariño in 1904.
Source: University website - History.
The symbols of Universidad de Nariño were adopted on 17 October 1979 by Decree No 478 of the university's Board.
The flag of Universidad de Nariño is rectangular, with proportions 22:27 and usual size of 1.10 x 1.35 m. Made of three equal horizontal stripes, green, yellow and red, and charged in the middle with the university's emblem, the flag shall be hoisted on a pole of 2.50 m in height.
The emblem of Universidad de Nariño, designed by Pr. Dr. Ignacio Rodríguez Guerrero, includes the coat of arms granted to the town of San Juan de Pasto on 17 June 1559, described as: "A shield charged in the middle with a castle argent flanked by four lions or, below the castle a river wavy azure and white flowing between green trees, the field of the shield azure, the trees and the castle on a field yellow and a soil green and or..." The shield is surrounded by a yellow ring charged with the black writing:
- top: "TANTVM POSSVMVS QVANTVM SCIMVS" ("We do what we know", indeed, "Our capacity for action depends on how much we know", a quote of Francis Bacon [1561-1626])
- bottom: "NIVERSITAS STVDIORVM NARIÑENSES" (bottom). On the image, the name of the university is written as "UNIVERSIDAD DE NARIÑO"
Source: University website - Symbols.
Ivan Sache, 5 February 2010
The flag, at least in unofficial use, is not charged with the
university's emblem as officially prescribed, and has standard
proportions 2:3, instead of the prescribed, odd proportions 22:25.
Ivan Sache, 28 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 03 July 2014
Colegio Nazareth Olaya was established in 1963 in Baranquilla (Atlántico
Department) by the Presbyterian Church of Colombia.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-light blue with the institute's coat of arms in the middle. White represents, transparency, purity, and the Christian faith. Blue represents heavens and the spiritual resources.
Source: http://www.colegionazaretholaya.8m.com/custom3.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 03 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009
"Institución Educativa 'Nazario Restrepo'" was
founded by Priest Luis Diez Mesa in the Municipality of Viterbo,
Department of Caldas, on 4 February 1955, as "Colegio
'Nazario Restrepo'". The institute is named after Nazario
Restrepo, the priest who founded the settlement of Viterbo on 19
April 1911 by celebrating there a mass.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is green with a white star in the middle.
The text says that the original idea for the flag has to be credited to teacher Javier Patiño Hincapié, who designed a green flag of unspecified dimensions, crossed by a red arrow and the Latin motto "Sursun cum laetitia" (Quicker with joy), and a white star above the arrow.
The upper left part of the emblem of the institute shows on a green field a book surmonted by an arrow and a star, all white.
Green represents the hope placed by the community into the youth.
The white star represents the purity of the students' heart.
Note: The horizontally divided yellow-blue-yellow flag with a white star in the middle, shown on the front page of the website of the institute, is the municipal flag of Viterbo.
Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 02 September 2017
Institución Educativa Técnica Nacionalizada de Samacá was established on 3
March 1966 by Municipal Agreement, as Colegio de Bachillerato Municipal de
Samacá. The institute was transferred to the Boyacá Department on 11 December
1968 by Ordinance No. 49 and to the State on 5 August 1986 by Agreement No. 69.
Institución Educativa Técnica Nacionalizada de Samacá was established on 22
January 2009 by Resolution No. 129, as the merger of Colegio Nacionalizado,
Concentración Urbana Jaime Castro, Concentración Julio Flórez, Cedeboy, and
Escuelas Las Fábricas, Divino Niño, El Valle, Rincón Santo, Churuvita,
Infiernito, Mamonal, Blanca Nieves and El Quite.
The flag of I.E.T.N. de Samacá is horizontally divided white-green, with the flag of Samacá (horizontally divided green-yellow-black) placed in the white stripe close to the hoist.
White is a symbol of purity, peace and transparency.
Green is a symbol of the spiritual and material fertility of the Samacá valley and hope placed in the youth.
Source: Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 02 September 2017
image by Ivan Sache, 18 January 2009
"Colegio 'Nicolás Esguerra'" was the first free
educational institute founded in Bogotá. In 1938, the Congress
issued Honour Law No. 35, whose Article 3 granted to the
institute the name of the the journalist, lawyer and diplomat
Nicolás Esguerra (1832-1923).
The flag of the instutute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided green-white.
Ivan Sache, 18 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 10 January 2004
The College is located on Giron, Santander department. Its
flag is horizontally divided white-light blue (azul).
Source: <www.voluntad.com.co>, located by Dov Gutterman.
Ivan Sache, 10 January 2004
image by Ivan Sache, 9 January 2009
"Colegio Adventisto del Norte" was founded in 1984
in Bogotá by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, as "Colegio
Integral de Enseñanza Cristiana", and took its today's name
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is white with two light blue and red rectangles placed along the hoist and the emblem of the institute in the middle of the flag.
The blue rectangle represents the Adventist education, projected to heavens.
The red rectangle represents the blood sacrified by Jesus for the reconciliation of mankind and God.
The white square represents a transformed life, symbol of divine justice and redemption.
The emblem of the institute is a symbol of faith representing the Christian philosophy and education taught in the institute. The shield is blue, bordered by a red pentagon outlined in yellow, representing the five continents covered by the Adventist teaching, charged with the black writing "COLEGIO ADVENTISTA DEL NORTE Bogotá D.C." The emblem is charged with a white triangle outlined in yellow and charged with the emblem of the Adventist Church, made of a golden flame representing the Holy Spirit, a white cross representing Jesus, and a green book representing the Bible, the base and source of all knowledge. The triangle is surrounded by the black writing "MANO" ("hand", left), "MENTE" ("spirit", right) and "CORAZÓN" ("heart", bottom), exalting the integrity of the Adventist teaching.
Ivan Sache, 9 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 31 January 2009
"Gimnasio del Norte" was founded on 31 October 2002
in Valledupar, Department of Cesar, by the educators Pedro Ángel
Daza Mendoza and Berenice Flórez de Daza.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is vertically divided light blue-white.
Ivan Sache, 31 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 7 February 2009
"Gimnasio Norte del Valle" was founded on 6 July
1977 in Roldanillo, Department of Valle del Cauca.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-blue.
Ivan Sache, 7 February 2009