Last modified: 2018-12-01 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Esteban Rivera, 31 January 2017
The Corporación Universitaria Rafael Núñez (Rafael Nuñez University
Corporation) is both High School and Higher Education institution established on
April 6, 1987.
Its flag is a horizontal white background flag with the logo (http://www.curn.edu.co/images/stories/simbolos/escudo.jpg) in the middle.
Esteban Rivera, 31 January 2017
"Institución Educativa 'Ramón Giraldo Ceballos'"
was founded in Medellín in 2002 (Decree No. 16,386), as the
merging of "Escuela Urbana de Varones 'Ramón Giraldo
Ceballos'" and "Escuela Urbana de Niñas 'Ramón
Giraldo Ceballos'", both founded on 30 December 1968 (Decree
No. 033) on plots offerred by Ramón Giraldo Ceballos.
The flag of the institute is described on the website of the institute as made of two white and blue stripes of equal size and a handshake.
White represents purity, peace and love, the values promoted by the institute.
Blue represents the greatness of the mind in search of God.
The handshake represents solidarity, fraternity, help, cooperation and friendship.
Ivan Sache, 12 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 17 December 2008
"Corporación Universitaria Remington" was founded
in Medellín in 1915 by Gustavo Vásquez Betancourt (d. 1967), as
"Organización Educativa Remington". The university was
approved by the Ministry of National Education on 21 June 1996
(Decree No. 2661).
The flag of the university, as shown graphically on the university website, is vertically divided blue-red with the university emblem in the middle, reaching the horizontal edges of the flag.
The seal-shaped emblem of the university shows a white "R" for "Remington" and the foundation year, 1915, on a background filled with two basic, opposed colours. Red represents the warm passion required to teach and learn while blue represents the cold reason required for knowledge. The rim of the seal is white, a neutral colour, bearing the motto of the university, "Poder estudiar, poder trabajar" ("To study, to work"), and two fleurs-de-lis representing the historic victory of knowledge.
Ivan Sache, 17 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 9 November 2010
Colegio Renán Barco, located in La Dorada (Department of Caldas), started as
Escuela Concentración Las Ferias, indeed a satellite of Colegio de Nuestra
Señora del Carmen. The institute became independent under its present name on 13
October 1994 (Decree No. 7838). On 13 February 2003 (Decree No. 191), Escuela
Concentración Las Ferias was incorporated into the institute. The institute is
named for the lawyer, economist and Liberal politician Víctor Renán Barco López
(1928-2009), Representative of Caldas (1968-1970) and Senator (1998-2009).
The symbols of Colegio Renán Barco are presented in the Decree of 21 April 1994 giving the results of the contest for the institute's coat of arms, flag and anthem. Selected among 20 proposals, the flag, designed by María Alejandra Teuta Castañeda is horizontally divided white-yellow by a green triangle covering the whole width of the flag, pointing from the fly to the mid hoist. White represents purity, sincerity, transparency, honesty, solidarity, beauty and ardor. Yellow represents knowledge, thinking skills of the alumni, wealth and illusion that each day will be better. Green represents hope that there will always be a better morning to be aspired and struggled for with tenacity and enthusiasm.
Ivan Sache, 9 November 2010
image by Ivan Sache, 03 October 2014
Institución Educativa Distrital Colegio República de Colombia was established
in Bogóta by Resolution No. 3,150 of 30 September 2002, as the merger of Colegio
República de Colombia, Escuela República de Chile, and Escuela Nueva Estrada.
The flag of the institute is white with the institute's emblem in the middle, a red-yellow triangle in the upper left corner, and a yellow-blue-red triangle in the lower right corner. The corners feature the flags of Bogotá and of Colombia, respectively
The emblem of the institute is made of a disk horizontally divided yellow-blue-red (2:1:1), superimposed by a green map of Colombia, and surrounded by a white ring inscribed with "COLEGIO REPÚBLICA DE COLOMBIA" (top) and "IED" (bottom), in black letters.
Source: http://www.iedcolegiorepublicadecolombia.edu.co/institucional - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 03 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 11 August 2014
Institución Educativa República de Uruguay is established in Alfonso López
borough, part of the municipality of Medellín (Antioquia Department).
The flag of the institute is similar to the national flag of Uruguay, the canton being charged here with the institute's emblem.
Source: http://ieru.8m.com/ - Institute's gazette
The emblem of the institute features:
- a path, representing the way of the man, from the start of the education process and the preparation to life until death, represented here by the cross;
- a torch, symbolizing fire boosting the faith of the members of the educational community;
- a map of Colombia, representing nationhood;
- a sun, meaning brightness, light, and rectitude;
- an open book, representing knowledge;
- the green colour, representing the Antioquia Department.
Source: http://www.ieru.edu.co/index2.php?id=5520&idmenutipo=1068&tag=col - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 11 August 2014
"Colegio 'Restrepo Millán'" was created in Bogotá
by National Decree No. 2940 on 24 November 1961 and approved by
the Ministry of National Education on 24 November 1962 (Decree
No. 4738); classes had already started on 5 April 1962. The
institute is named after the noted educator José María Restrepo
The flag of the institute, according to a photo shown on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided white-green with the emblem of the institute in the middle.
The symbols shown on PDF files available on the website of the institute are quite different: - the flag is horizontally divided green-white, without the emblem; - the emblem seems to have different colours, for instance blue instead of green in its upper part.
Ivan Sache, 27 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 22 November 2018
Colegio Departamental Reyes Araque is located in Cáchira (Norte de Santander
The flag of Colegio Departamental Reyes Araque is horizontally divided yellow-red with a white triangle placed along the hoist.
Ivan Sache, 22 November 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014
The symbols of the institute are presented in the institute's
The flag is divided white-green according to the descending diagonal,
with the institute's emblem in the middle.
White represents peace as well as individual and social harmony, while
green represents the kindness of the cooperative sector.
The emblem of the institute, designed in 1975 by Fernando Saavedra
Francoy and Jesús María Cubillos de La Parra, represents its
philosophy, focused on education through knowledge and increase of its
values, always supported by the cooperative spirit.
Source: http://www.reyespatria.com/documentos/manualdeconvivencia.pdf - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 17 October 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 9 October 2018
Colegio Bilingüe Richmond (CBR) was established in Bogotá on 12 August 1989,
as Jardín Infantil Little Star, by Alicia González de Becerra.
The flag of CBR is horizontally divided blue-white-blue with thin red-white-blue and blue-white-red horizontal stripes at the top and bottom of the white stripes, and the school's coat of arms and name placed in the center of the white stripe.
Ivan Sache, 9 October 2018
"Institución Educativa Rioloro" was founded in 1926
in Rioloro, Municipality of Gigante, Department of Huila.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the blog of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-green. The respective proportions of the stripes cannot be derived accurately from the drawing.
Blue represents knowledge.
White represents honesty, transparency, joy and peace.
Green is a tribute to work, to the creative power of letters, art and land cultivation, and to hope in a better future.
Ivan Sache, 4 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 04 July 2011
"Escuela Normal Superior de Río de Oro" is located in Río de Oro
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the institute's blog, is horizontally divided white-green. The flag is a symbol of science and virtue. White represents the way to reach peace. Green means the hope in the set up of men and women committed to the service of the society.
Ivan Sache, 04 July 2011
image by Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014
Gimnasio Risaralda was established in Pereira (Risaralda Department) in 1974
by Decree No. 80, as Escuela Artesanal Femenina. The institute was transformed
in 1975 into Instituto for Promoción Social, then with 360 alumni and 12
teachers. The name of the institute was changed to Gimnasio Risaralda by Decree
No. 105 of 28 February 1977; this name was proposed by the teacher Zahir
Jaramillo de López. The institute was merged in 2006 with Escuela América Mixta
and Fundación Centro de Formación Hacia el Futuro.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-white-blue (2:1:1).
Yellow is a symbol of hope.
White is a symbol of peace.
Blue is a symbol of purity and knowledge.
Ivan Sache, 06 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 11 October 2018
Rivera International School was established on 31 October 1983 by Sonia
Orozco in borough La Rivera, Soledad (Atlántico Department), as Jardín Infantil
los Super Amiguitos, to be renamed Gimnasio La Rivera in 1985.
The flag of Rivera International School is turquoise blue with a white rhomb in the center.
Turquoise blue is a symbol of intensity, meaning that everyone should be transcendent to impulse in his mind faith, decision and compromise with the highest human values.
White is a symbol of purity, a virtue hardly grown in today's man, but considered at the school as a fundamental value in the life of a genuine Christian.
Ivan Sache, 11 October 2018