Last modified: 2015-08-19 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 30 March 2009
"Liceo Tacurí" was founded in 1981 at Cali, by
ASPAEN ("Asociación para la Enseñenza), the organization
set up in Colombia by the Opus Dei movement. The institute is
named after a Quechua word meaning "lively"
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-red.
Blue represents the love for truth.
White represents obedience.
Red represents strength.
Ivan Sache, 30 March 2009
"Unidad Educativa Municipal Instituto Técnico
Industrial" was founded in Fusagasugá, Department of
Cundinamarca, on 27 September 1999 (Decree No. 812), succeeding
different schools founded in the municipality since 1936.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described in the "institutional educative project" of the institute, is horizontally divided blue-white-red, with the emblem of the institute in the middle (not shown on the drawing but explicitely mentioned in the text). The flag was designed by the educational community in 1983.
Blue represents the clear working space provided by the institute
White represents tranquillity, peace, calm and serenity required to think.
Red represents love, friendship and mutual help among the institute community.
The main elements of the emblem of the institute are described but their arrangement is not shown.
A book represents science, culture, education and development.
An Olympic torch represents strength.
A square, a hammer and an anvll represent the different technical skills taught in the institute.
The emblem is bordered by a red stripe charged with the motto of the institute, "Lealtad, Ciencia y Tecnica" (Loyalty, Science and Technic).
Ivan Sache, 4 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 04 December 2014
Institución Educativa Municipal Técnica Teodoro Aya Villaveces is located in
Fusagasugá (Cundinamarca Department).
The flag is described in Article 13.1.2 of the institute's Etiquette Guidebook as horizontally divided dark green-white-red. Green is a symbol of the youth. White is a symbol of the juvenile minds of the students. Red is a symbol of joy.
Ivan Sache, 04 December 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 16 November 2014
Unidad Docente Instituto Comercial Teófilo Roberto Potes (Icoterpo) was
established in Buenaventura (Valle Department) by Decree No. 970 of 12 August
1975, originally as a secondary seat of Liceo Feminino del Pacifico.
The flag of Icoterpo is horizontally divided light pink-green. Pink is the colour of commerce and of the values of the institute: responsibility, commitment, creativity, love and respect for God. Green is the symbol of the extended forests of the Pacific region.
Ivan Sache, 16 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 27 November 2014
The flag of Institución Educativa Departamental Técnico Comercial de
Tocancipá (Cundinamarca Department) is diagonally divided blue-white
by a red ascending diagonal stripe. In the middle is placed the
Sources: Institute's website
http://www.iedtecnicocomercialtocancipa.edu.co/nosotros/simbolos/bandera/ - Flag
http://www.iedtecnicocomercialtocancipa.edu.co/nosotros/simbolos/escudo/ - Emblem
Ivan Sache, 27 November 2014
"Instituto Técnico Industrial de Tocancipá" was
created on 26 February 1997 (Municipal Decree No. 001) in
Verganzo, Municipality of Tocancipá, Department of Cundinamarca.
Classes started on 18 January 1998. The institute has today for
seats, in Verganzo, La Diana, Canavita and Buenos Aires.
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided red-gold-grey, with the emblem of the institute in the middle (omitted on the drawing but explicitely mentioned in the text). The flag was adopted on 31 October 2003 (Decree No. 005).
Red represents vital energy and torrent of youth, as well as passion, strength, commitment and permanent sacrifice to learning and life building.
Gold represents the human potential of the educational community, as well as its spiritual, social, artistic, technical and material resources. It is the symbol of power, greatness and admiration.
Grey represents the metals used in industry, as well as the strength, work, tenacity and constance of all the members of the educational community.
The emblem of the institute was modernized in 2008 by Adrián Eduardo Munar Guarín, Head of the Artistic Education section; the old emblem is shown but nothing is said on its history and designer.
The middle of the emblem is made of a grey disk charged with a white open book and a quill, a calliper rule, a square and a pair of scales, all in grey. This is similar to the old emblem, except that the disk was changed from blue to grey to highlight the technical meaning of the emblem.
A second, concentric white ring is charged with the red letters "TRABAJO" ("work", top) and "PROGRESO" ("progress", bottom), highlighting the commitment to sacrifice of the community.
A third, larger concentric blue ring is charged with the name of the institute, "INSTITUCION EDUCATIVA DEPARTAMENTAL" (white) / "TECNICO INDUSTRIAL" (red) on top, and the name of the place, "TOCANCIPA" (red) on bottom. In the old emblem, all the writings, including the aforementioned motto, were in red letters over a wide white ring. Blue symbolizes knowledge and wisdom.
The outer part of the emblem is made of a grey cogwheel. The wheel has 16 cogs, while it had 24 of them on the old emblem.
The whole emblem is placed on a square vertically divided red-blue (red-white on the drawing).
The size and placement of the emblem on the flag remains a matter of speculation.
Ivan Sache, 2 February 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 10 January 2009
"Colegio Tolimense", a Roman Catholic institute, was
created in 1934 in Ibagué, Department of Tolima, and recognized
on 20 November 1942 by the Ministry of National Education (Decree
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically and described on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided yellow-green. Yellow represents the spiritual resources while green represents hope.
Ivan Sache, 10 January 2009
image by Ivan Sache, 19 December 2008
ITFIP (Instituto Tolimense de Formación Técnica
Profesional), located in El Espinal, was recognized by the
Ministry of National Education on 24 December 1980 (Decree No.
The flag of ITFIP is shown graphically and described on the ITFIP website.
The flag is divided white-blue according to the ascending diagonal, with the emblem of ITFIP in the middle. Blue represents democratic identity and collective work. White represents honesty, transparency and knowledge. The diagonal division represents action towards an objective.
The emblem of ITFIP is made of a white triangle outlined in green, charged with two dark red and golden yellow overlapping human silhouettes, placed on a circular background in the Colombian national colours (slanted), surrounded by a blue ring charged with the name of the institute in white capital letters, surmounting a blue scroll charged with the ITFIP acronym in white capital letters.
The circular shape represents the emergence of universality as an institutionalization of the intellect for the conservation and spread of knowledge.
The triangle represents the highest level of knowledge, as the merging of the three main aspects of knowledge: teaching, research and extension. Green represents cooperation, solidarity and organization. Yellow and golden yellow represent security, identity and responsibility
Dark red represents union, strength and constancy.
Ivan Sache, 19 December 2008
image by Ivan Sache, 19 July 2014
Colegio Distrital Tom Adams is located in the Central borough, part of the
municipality municipality of Kennedy (Bogotá).
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided blue-gray with a white triangle placed along the hoist.
http://micolegiotomadams.blogspot.fr/2009/11/historia-de-mi-colegio-debido-una.html - Institute's blog
image by Ivan Sache, 19 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 12 August 2014
Institución Educativa Tomás Arturo Sánchez is located in Ipiales (Nariño
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided red-white-blue.
Red is a symbol of freedom.
White is a symbol of peace.
Blue is a symbol of heavens.
Source: http://robinson-erazo.blogspot.fr/2011/11/la-bander-de-la-ie-tomas-arturo-sanchez.html - Robinson Erazo's blog
Ivan Sache, 12 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 23 July 2014
Institución Educativa Tomás Cadavid Restrepo was established in Bello
(Antioquia Department) by Departmental Ordinance No. 15,166 of 30 October 2002,
as the merger of Colegio Tomás Cadavid Restrepo (est. as Escuela Tomás Cadavid
Restrepo by Departmental Ordinance No. 39 of 20 June 1947; upgraded to Colegio
by Departmental Ordinance No. 892 of 26 November 1999) and Escuela San José
Obrero (est. by Departmental Ordinance No. 48 of 12 December 1963). The
institute is named for its benefactor, Dr. Tomás Cadavid Restrepo, an historian,
philologist and Professor at the Antioquia University, who offered in 1963 a
modern dentistry equipment, a selected library and a swimming-pool with its
water purification system.
The flag of the institute is diagonally divided blue-white per bend, with the institute's emblem in the middle.
http://tomascadavid-informatica.blogspot.fr/p/i-e-tomas-cadavid-restrepo.html - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 23 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 28 June 2014
Colegio Tomás Cipriano Mosquera was established on 15 July 1988 in Ciudadela
Comfrandi, a borough of Cali, as Centro Docente Tomás Cipriano Mosquera, by Dr.
José Camilo Mosquera Rivas.
The flag of the institute, inaugurated in 1990, is horizontally divided black-red-white (2:1:1). The institute's anthem says (2nd stanza): "Black, red and white are the colours Of its nice emblem and of its beautiful flag".
Ivan Sache, 28 June 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 9 July 2014
Institución Educativa Tulio Enrique Tascón was established in 1963 in Buga
(Valle del Cauca Department), as Instituto Técnico Comercial Tulio Enrique
Tascón. The institute is named for Tulio Enrique Tascón (1888-1954), the lawyer,
historian and politician born in Buga. Elected Senator (1919-1923), Tascón
presided the Senate in 1920. He served as Governor of the Valle del Cauca
Department (1935-1938). Appointed Director of the Free University, Tascón is the
author of "Historia del Derecho Constitucional Colombiano", said to have
inspired the 1936 land reform.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white-yellow.
Ivan Sache, 9 July 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
Institución Educativa Moderna de Tuluá was established by Resolution No.
1,845 of 5 September 2002, as the merger of Liceo Moderno (originally, Escuela
Normal Central Feminina, established by Decree no. 756 of 28 September 1962) ,
Escuela Santa Cecilia, Jardín Infantil Gabriela Mistral, Escuela Antonio José de
Sucre, Escuela Maria Goretti, Escuela Marino Dávalos Grisales, and Escuela Julio
Pedroza (Campo Alegre).
The flag of the institute is shown in the institute's Institutional Educative Project, as white with two vertical blue lines close to the hoist and the institute's emblem at fly.
Source: http://www.iemodernatulua.edu.co/pdf/PEI.pdf - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014