This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Carrillo (Guanacaste, Costa Rica)

Canton de Carrillo

Last modified: 2014-07-26 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: guanacaste | carrillo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Ivan Sache, 21 July 2013

See also:


Carrillo Canton (29,914 inhabitants, 57,754 ha) is made of the four districts of Filadelfia (capital), Palmira, Sardinal and Belén. Carrillo Canton was established by Decree No. 22 of 16 June 1877. The canton is named for Braulio Carrillo Colina (1800-1845), head of the State in 1835-1837 and 1838-1842. Filadelfia, originally known as Sietecueros, was renamed in 1877 for the soldier Filadelfo Soto.
Source: Cantonal website
Ivan Sache, 21 July 2013

The Flag

The flag of Carrillo is horizontally divided yellow-green. The colours of the flag go together with the natural environment. Green and yellow tangibly represent the ambient environment, harmony, growth and exuberance that can be admired on the banks of the rivers and along the seashore at our 27 beaches. Yellow is a symbol of the agricultural resources, permitted by the solidarity of the inhabitants. Dark green suggests stability, resistance and peace (olive).
Ivan Sache, 21 July 2013, 23 July 2014

Coat of Arms

image contributed by Fred Drews, 26 March 2006