This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Paskov, Czech Republic

Frýdek-Místek okres, Moravosilesian Region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: paskov | madonna |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Paskov municipality flag] image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 14 Apr 2002
adopted 12 Jan 1996 See also:

Paskov municipality flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (1996) - Paskov, Frýdek-Místek district, Moravosilesian region - adopted 12 January 1996.
Number of inhabitants by 31 December 2000: 3770. The first written trace of Paskov dated back to 1267. In the 16th century Paskov consisted of two parts: Paskov market town and Paskov village. In the 17th century a wooden church was built. In the 19th century the church was rebuilt into the brick church. After World War II the chateau from the 16th century was altered into a hospital. The modern history of Paskov started in the 1960's, when a mine (Důl Paskov), blocks of flats for miners, and Prefa company were built. At the end of the 1970's and beginning of the 1980's, Biocel company and blocks of flats for Biocel staff were constructed. Therefore, the population of Paskov increased.
Source: this website.
Jarig Bakker, 19 Nov 2001

Paskov Coat of Arms

[Paskov Coat of Arms] image from this website.