This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Řepiště (Czech Republic)

Frýdek-Místek okres, Moravia-Silesia region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: repiste |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Řepiště municipality flag

[Řepiště flag]  image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 15 Apr 2002, after image by Peter Exner; flag adopted 12 Jan 1996

Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 1535. The village was founded at the end of the 13th century. The original name was Barutov. The first written trace dated back to 1305. The village was a part of the Manor of Těšín. Only in the 17th century the village was included into the Manor of Šenov. In 1850 serfs were ransomed. There was a big farm, sheep breeding (ceased to exist at the beginning of the 20th century), production of clogs, cloth industry and brick-kiln. There is a wooden church built in the middle of the 16th century.
Jarig Bakker, 16 Apr 2002

Řepiště coat of arms

[Řepiště coat of arms] image from this website, located by Jarig Bakker, 16 Aug 2002