This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Vendryně (Czech Republic)

Frýdek-Místek okres, Moravia-Silesia region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: vendryne |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




See also:

Vendryně municipality flag

[Vendryně flag]  image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 15 Nov 2002, after image by Peter Exner; flag adopted 7 May 1997

Number of inhabitants by 1 Jan 2002: 3863. Vendryně was first mentioned in 1305 in a list of tithe paid to the Episcopy of Wroclaw. The village was mostly owned by the Principality of Těšín. The present village was formed by connecting several parts. The core of the village was located above the Vendrynka stream. Then, old settlements (Lideřov and Rybořovice) joined the village. In 1592 Kašpar Borek built an inn in Vendryně and tapped there his own beer. The area of Vendryně is 20,095 km2. Within integration in 1980 the village became a part of Třinec. On 1 January 1995 Vendryně regained independence. Source: This website.
Jarig Bakker, 24 Nov 2002


Vendryně coat of arms

[Vendryně coat of arms] image from this website, spotted by Jarig Bakker, 24 Nov 2002