This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Třebechovice pod Orebem (Czech Republic)

Hradec Králové okres, Hradec Králové region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: trebechovice pod orebem |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Třebechovice pod Orebem city flag] image by Jarig Bakker, 18 Jul 2008
adopted 15 Nov 2005 See also:

Třebechovice pod Orebem city flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí Čr (2005) - Třebechovice pod Orebem city, Hradec Králové okres, Hradec Králové region - flag adopted 15 November 2005.
Flagdescription: yellow field; in center a brown raguly branch between two piles of 3 blue balls; in center top an orange crown lined red.
Homepage: Coat of Arms: identical to flag; the shield surmounted by three feathers, red, white, blue.
Info from this website: "The town of Třebechovice pod Orebem was founded in the first half of the 14th century on a trade route. Oreb Hill (260 metres), crowned by a small church consecrated to the Corpus Christi, recalls the memorable Hussite brotherhood. Třebechovice is renowned throughout the world for its famous Museum of Nativity Scenes. Visitors will be attracted by the Plague Column of the Virgin Mary, the statue of the Holy Trinity and an ancient fountain with a water jet dating from 1675, all located on Třebechovice Square. In 1767 the Baroque decanal St Andrew's Church was built close to the square. Thanks to its surroundings, which are abundant in beautiful forests and lovely corners of the River Orlice, the town became a popular destination for holidaymakers. Not far from the town centre lies the municipal swimming pool, with three pools with heated water, a helter-skelter and grass-covered beaches. The pool grounds are open from May to September.
Jarig Bakker, 18 Jul 2008

Třebechovice pod Orebem Coat of Arms

[Třebechovice pod Orebem coat of arms] image by Jarig Bakker, 18 Jul 2008