This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Ždánice (Czech Republic)

Hodonín okres, South Moravian region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: zdanice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Zdánice] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 21 Apr 2002
adopted 13 Feb 1996 See also:

Ždánice municipality flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1996) - Ždánice, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 13 Feb 1996.
2 783 inhabitants. A town in the south part of the Ždánický les. Already in the14th century a centre of the region of the Ždánický les and the Chřiby forest ranges. A fortified stronghold was built in 1497 - 1544, in 1569 it was rebuilt by Oldřich of Kounice into a Renaissance castle, that is now in private ownership. In the castle park - a villa of Laudon - Biedermeier style -
from the beginning of the century. Old town hall - the first reference from 1565. Early Baroque church of the Assumption of the Virgin from 1700. Traditional "emperor's" feast. Male choir in folk costumes, dulcimer group,amateur theatre ensemble - IAS, workshop of black pottery.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Apr 2002

Ždánice Coat of Arms

[Flag of Zdánice] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 21 Apr 2002 after image from this webpage.