Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: hostomice | lion rampant (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The oldest document related to Hostomice dates from May 1343 when the
Hostomice residents got confirmation of their existing privileges. When
establishing the Karlštejn Deanery, emperor Charles IV attached Hostomice
to his Karlštejn dominion and granted it the title of „royal protective
little town". The oldest seals of Hostomice already use the Czech royal
lion sign. When Hostomice was promoted to a town by emperor Charles IV
in November 1738, this sign was officially proclaimed as Hostomice's own.
In June 1992, the Parliamentary Board of the Czech Republic approved the
May proposal of the Czech Government and restored Hostomice's town status.
In June 1995, the town had its flag approved and assigned. Hostomice is
situated in a large valley in the middle of the roads between Příbram and
Beroun and Dobříš and Hořovice and it is an ideal starting point for trips
to the ridges of the Brdy mountain range. Along with the communities of
Radouš, Bezdědice and Lštějň its total population is about 1600 people.
Flag, adopted 19 Jun 1995, and info are on the Hostomice
Dov Gutterman, 4 Mar 2000.