This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Chlum u Třeboně (Czech Republic)

Jindrichuv Hradec okres, South Bohemian region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: chlum u trebone |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors





[Chlum u Třeboně flag] by Jarig Bakker, 21 Feb 2004
adopted 19 May 1998 See also:

Chlum u Třeboně municipality flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1998) - Chlum u Třeboně, Jindřichuv Hradec district, South Bohemian region, adopted 19 May 1998 -
The small town Chlum is an important resort in the Protected Landscape Area Třeboňsko on the bank of Hejtman pond (Hetman). It is situated about 12 km south-east of the town Třeboň near the Czech-Austrian border, 492 m a.s.l. The first mention of the village, as a property of the Rožmberks, is from 1399, but the village probably originates from the 13th century. The iron mines were founded in the surroundings and one of the biggest ironworks in South Bohemia was built in the town. The rails for the horse-drawn railway between the towns České Budějovice and Linz (Austria) were made there too. Chlum is one of several South Bohemian towns with developed glass-blowing - this tradition began in the 20th century.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Feb 2004

Chlum u Třeboně Coat of Arms

[Chlum u Třeboně Coat of Arms] from this site.