This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Oldřišov (Czech Republic)

Opava okres, Moravia-Silesia region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: oldrisov | owl |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Oldřišov municipality flag

[Oldřišov municipality flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 3 Apr 2002, after image by Petr Exner; flag adopted 9 Dec 1996

Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 1349. The first information about Oldřišov was found in documents in 1234. At those days, friars living in the monastery in Oldřišov were granted certain privileges. At that time Oldřišov was a part of Prussia. Before 1920 Oldřišov was incorporated into the new Czechoslovak Republic. In the period from 1920 to 1945 Oldřišov suffered much and was included again to German Reich. After World War II Oldřišov became again a part of Czechoslovakia.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Apr 2002.

Oldřišov coat of arms

[Oldřišov Coat of Arms] image from Ralf Hartemink's site.