This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Strahovice (Czech Republic)

Opava okres, Moravian-Silesian Region

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by andrew weeks
Keywords: otice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Strahovice flag

[Strahovice flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 29 Aug 2001, after image by Petr Exner; flag adopted 19 Jan 1995

The first trace of the village dated back to 1349. The village was founded by the monastery Hradisko u Olomouce (1250 - 1270). In the 14th century Strahovice was in possession of Mikuláš II. Therefore, the village was a part of the Krnov region. Then, the village was owned by Bernard Lichnovský from Hoštice and other lords. Until 1922 the village was incorporated in Prussia. Then, it became a part of Czechoslovakia. During World War II Strahovice was a part of Germany.
Jarig Bakker, 11 Apr 2002

Strahovice Coat of Arms

[Strahovice Coat of Arms] image from this webpage, located by Jarig Bakker, 11 Apr 2002