Last modified: 2013-03-25 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: boeblingen county | antler(black) | gonfanon(red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Red-yellow with the arms. Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Stadler 1964-1971.
Stefan Schwoon, 20 March 2001
Adopted 28.10.1987, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on 21 January 1948 and confirmed on 30 August 1974. The arms are a combination of the deer antler of the Counts of Württemberg and the banner [Kirchenfahne or gonfanon] of the Counts of Tübingen. The latter founded the city of Böblingen and played a major role in the history of the county.
The first arms of the county were granted on 14 October 1927 and showed below the antler in blue a silver plane. The plane symbolised the local airport and the Klemm-Leicht plane factory. After the Second World War these did no longer exist and the new arms were devised and granted.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 5 March 2002
back to Baden-Württemberg counties and municipalities click here