Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: biberach county | demi-eagle | couped per pale | crozier | scarf(silver) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
From Ralf Hartemink's International
Civic Arms website: The arms were granted on 4 Mar 1970, and confirmed on 3 Sep 1973. The Imperial eagle is derived from the arms of the city of Biberach, and symbolizes the city as well as a number of former Imperial Estates in the district. The crozier is a symbol for the many possessions of some monasteries, such as the Salem Abbey, in the district prior to 1803.
Literature: Stadler 1972,p.112 Linder and Olzog 1996.
Santiago Dotor, 29 Oct 2001
back to Baden-Württemberg counties and municipalities click here.