Last modified: 2013-12-14 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis miltenberg | miltenberg county | coat of arms: chief (lozengy: white-blue) | coat of arms: per pale (wheel: white) | coat of arms: per pale (per fess dancetty) | coat of arms (pale wavy: white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 25 May 1975
Red-white-blue striped, adopted 25.05.1975. The wavy bend in the coat-of-arms symbolizes the river Main. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Linder and Olzog 1996.
Stefan Schwoon, 9 October 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on May 25, 1977 [presumably a typo for 1975].
The wheel is the wheel of the State of Mainz, which was part of the arms of both older counties [Miltenberg and Obernburg am Main]. The points are the arms of the State of Würzburg, and are here used as the arms for the Franconia area. The pale is the Main river and the chief is the arms of Bavaria. The area belongs since 1816 to Bavaria.
Literature: Linder and Olzog 1996.
Santiago Dotor, 28 January 2004