Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: landkreis ebermannstadt | ebermannstadt county | coat of arms: per pale (lion: black) | coat of arms: per pale (lion: rampant sinister) | coat of arms: per pale (quartered) | coat of arms: per fess (key: white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 18th March 1957, flag adopted 19th October 1965, abolished 1973
Black-white-black, adopted 19.10.1965. The county was dissolved in 1973, parts going to Forchheim and other parts to Bayreuth. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 9 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on March 18, 1957. The key in the lower part of the arms refers to the Lords of Schlüsselberg ('key-mountain'), who owned many estates and castles in the area before 1347. In 1347 most of their possessions were acquired by the bishops of Bamberg. The first quarter of the arms thus shows the arms of the State of Bamberg. The second quarter shows the arms of the (Hohen)Zollern dynasty, who held some estates in the north-eastern part of the district.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 11 July 2003