Last modified: 2013-06-04 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: calw county | lion(red) | lion(statant) | coupeaux(blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Red-yellow with the arms.
Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Stadler 1964, p.23.
Stefan Schwoon, 18 Mar 2001
Adopted 11 Dcember 1987, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on July 11, 1961 and after the district reform again on10 December 1973. The arms are based on the arms of the city of Calw, with the addition of a fountain in the lower part. The three mountain tops represent the three former Württemberg districts of Calw, Nagold and Neuenburg which were combined to the district Calw in 1938. The fountain represents the many spas and springs in the district. Until 1934 the (smaller) district of Calw used a seal with a natural lion on a mountain top. (...)
Literature: Stadler 1964, p.23.
back to Baden-Württemberg counties and municipalities click here