This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dahme-Spreewald County (Germany)

Landkreis Dahme-Spreewald, Brandenburg

Last modified: 2019-12-12 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: dahme-spreewald | pall reversed | bull(red) | eagle(red) | crown | fess(wavy) | oak | alder |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Dahme-Spreewald County flag] image by Stefan Schwoon
, 4 Feb 2001 See also:

Dahme-Spreewald County

Dahme-Spreewald Banner

The Dahme-Spreewald County vertical flag is blue-yellow-blue in proportions 1:2:1, bearing the arms in the middle of the yellow stripe.
2(3) of Hauptsatzung of Dahme-Spreewald County, version 25 June 2019
Stefan Schwoon, 4 Feb 2001

Dahme-Spreewald Coat of Arms

Shield Azure mantled Argent, a crown Or in base, the mantle charged with a bull's head reguardant Gules armed Or at dexter and an eafle;s head Gules armed Or at sinister.
Meaning:
The bull is taken from the arms of the cities of Lübben and Luckau. The eagle is derived from the arms of Brandenburg. The crown is added as a symbol for the former county Königs Wusterhausen (Royal Wusterhausen).
Sources: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of Dahme-Spreewald County, version 25 June 2019, Linder and Olzog 1996 and Ralf Hartemink's webpage
Stefan Schwoon, 4 Feb 2001

Banner and arms were approved on 16 November 1995.
Stefan Schwoon, 4 Feb 2001


Lübben County (Landkreis Lübben 1816/1836 - 1993)

The county was established in 1816 as Lübben-Beeskow County, but the Lordship of Beeskow was separated from the rest in 1836 and the county was renamed. The territory of the county remained actually the same until 1944/1950. In 1950 the territory was shifted to the South. 24 municipalities were shifted to other counties but 65 municipalities were added. But already in 1952 the territory was lessened and some of the new municipalities in the South were given back to their former counties. Since then it didn't change no more until the dissolution of the county in 1993.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Dec 2019

Lübben County Flag


Lübben County[ flag] 3:5 image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Dec 2019

There was no official county flag but the administration used white table flags with centred arms without approval.
Source: Erwin Günther: "Wappen und Flaggen der Stadt- und Landkreise Brandenburgs und der ehemaligen Grenzmark Posen-Westpreußen", Erfurt 1998, p.55
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Dec 2019

Coat of Arms

Shield Argent, parted by a fess wavy Azure, above issuant from fess wavy an oak proper flanked by two alder bushes proper, in base a bull passant Gules armed Or.
Meaning:
The bull was representing Lower Lusatia (Niederlausitz), the fess wavy the Havel River and the trees were the main species in the area. Attempts to establish greater arms with crest failed.
Source: Erwin Günther: "Wappen und Flaggen der Stadt- und Landkreise Brandenburgs und der ehemaligen Grenzmark Posen-Westpreußen", Erfurt 1998, p.55
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Dec 2019

The arms were approved on 21 January 1938 by Prussian Minister of Interior, not used in times of the GDR, used again since 1990 and confirmed by Minister of Interior of Brandenburg on 30 March 1992.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 12 Dec 2019


back to Brandenburg County and Municipal Flags click here.