Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: grossalmerode | marbles | melting crucible |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
It is a blue-white vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Kassel District , state Hesse
banner approved in 1967
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Jörg Majewski, 10 Oct 2006
Shield Argent with base Vert, standing on base three melting crucibles ordered 1:2, flanked by two heaps of marbles Azure.
Großalmerode gained city rights together with the right to use proper seals in 1775 from Landgrave Friedrich II and at the same time the arms were designed. Großalmerode was head of the local glassblowers' association since 1537. The marbles refer to this fact. The crucibles were used in the pottery factories.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.41
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 3 June 2017
back to Werra-Meißner Cities and Municipalities Page click here