This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Gröbenzell (Germany)

Gemeinde Gröbenzell, Kreis Fürstenfeldbruck, Oberbayern District, Bavaria

Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: groebenzell | customs barrier | pale(wavy) | rose(red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Gröbenzell municipal banner] 5:2 image by Stefan Schwoon, See also:

Municipality of Gröbenzell

Gröbenzell Banner

Description of banner:
It is a white - green vertical bicolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Apr 2014

Gröbenzell Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a silver (= white) shield on top of a green basement is a silver (= white) and blue customs barrier, superimposing a blue pale wavy, which is flanked by two red, heraldic roses, [sometimes] seeded silver (= white).
Meaning:
The barrier, having the colours of the Wittelsbach kin, reminds on the existence of a tollgate in the village from the 17th until the 19th century. Duke Albrecht V built this station in 1560. The first houses were built in the 19th century and the station became a village. The pale is symbolizing the Gröbenbach, a local creek. The basement is symbolizing the location on the edge of Dachauer Moos, a fen. The roses are alluding to the character of a garden city. Gröbenzell became an independent municipality in 1952.
Source: "Unser Landkreis Fürstenfeldbruck", Bamberg 1993, pp. 182 f., 211 and municipal webpage

The coat of arms was approved on 20 June 1962 by Bavarian ministry of interior.
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 5 Apr 2014


back to Fürstenfeldbruck cities and municipalities click here